Thursday, September 15, 2011

Why was that spot not seed stitch? Looks at picture of Sweater

So I started knitting on Vivian and have been doing a lot of knitting on the bus as traffic has been a nightmare in New Jersey lately.  So I have been moving along pretty quickly and started wondering if I would finish the sweater in a couple of week instead of the month I had mentally assumed.
It was going well. Except for those two spots. Why was that spot not seed stitch? Looks at picture of Sweater. Hmm I can’t see that bit, continues.  This morning I sat and stared at the section of the pattern I had kept wondering about. A section of 8 stitches that was k1, p1 ribbing on both sides of the sweater.
That just doesn’t seem right. Goes back to chart. Reads slowly. Reads again. Right, I forgot that whole,   K on RS,  P on WS, and that the markings alternated. So do I frog 25 rows of perfectly fine kitting for 16 stitches? Once upon a time I may have, if it was lace I would have had to.  This time?

No comments:

Post a Comment