Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don’t understand the concept of non-washable baby clothes

The brand of the yarn is “Spud & Chloe – Sweater”. It’s a worsted weight, cotton/super wash wool blend. I specifically chose something nice (don’t want acrylic) yet machine washable. I don’t understand the concept of non-washable baby clothes. Given the intense color (colorway: Popsicle), it doesn’t bleed at all.
One thing I would do differently is the way I do my “Make 1″ stitches. I would have more of a lacy, girly effect if I knit in the back of the loop instead of knitting in the front of the loop, whereas now there are no visible holes in the top of the sweaters.
Also, this is the newborn size. I was a little concerned that they are too small, but after blocking, they may actually be big enough to allow couple months of growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment